Friday, November 4, 2011

Coffee with Claire

Quiet times with my girl... Claire is my earliest riser. She is up by 6:30 every single morning. So while the rest of the house is still nestled all snug in their beds (Except Daddy, who usually leaves for work by 6:30!) Claire and I get to spend about an hour alone together. This morning she asked me for a cup of coffee, "I want coffee too please." 




So what was a mama to do, but make her girl a cup of coffee! {No, I didn't really give my 23 month old a cup of coffee... I made her about an inch of hot cocoa in the bottom of a sturdy coffee mug. And sat with her at the table, in case she spilled, which she didn't.}


We talk about all sorts of things during these quiet mornings together, this girl of mine and I. Here she was telling me "I love it, my coffee." Then she giggled. We giggle a lot together, she is a very witty conversationalist.

I am so thankful for this little girl. And these moments that we spend just the two of us fill my already full heart to overflowing with happiness and gratitude. 

5 comments:

  1. That is so precious. She's just adorable. My kids all wake each other up - wish they wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog on the Homeschool Blog Awards so I popped over to check it out! Your girl is way too cute plus asking for coffee to be like Mommy - LOVE it! You have beautiful ideas and I can't wait to browse more!

    I am a new follower. I would love for you to follow me back, if you want to =-)
    Beth
    www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so beautiful ~ & she's grown up even in the year I've been reading this! Treasure these precious times!
    Blessings
    Renata:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely getting to spend such precious moments like that. And thank you again for your inspiring post about flower pounding (and for visiting our post about it) - I love your blog! Warm wishes, Kelly

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and I read every comment you leave! It's such a great way to meet new people. Please feel free to leave me a comment so I know you were here! Even if you want to comment on an older post... go ahead! I will still see it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails