Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Christmas in July



Last Summer I happened to find a vintage record player that worked. I bought it up and hid it away until Christmas, planning to give it to the children then. I actually ended up giving it to them for the first day of winter as a "Winter Solstice" gift so they could enjoy the Christmas records I bought for them at least a few days before Christmas day! I spent most of that summer on the lookout for records I thought they would enjoy, children's stories, Bible stories, Christmas music, folk music, favorite artists of the 60's and 70's, classical music, old TV shows theme songs, etc. The gift was a hit! They still love to pull out their record player and listen to it, especially while doing chores. (Folding laundry is a favorite time to enjoy it!) This morning Ethan asked if he could listen to Christmas music, "It's really my very favorite music, Mom!" So I helped him put on Christmas music and we enjoyed Bing Crosby belting out White Christmas while having our snack. And while the weather outside right now may be considered frightful by some, it definitely isn't white! It is exceptionally hot and humid!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great find! Our daughter would listen to Christmas music year-round, too. And sometimes a little taste of winter magic makes the heat of July a bit more bearable!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and I read every comment you leave! It's such a great way to meet new people. Please feel free to leave me a comment so I know you were here! Even if you want to comment on an older post... go ahead! I will still see it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails